Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll part of
You will join the RAN Business Unit and will enjoy our culture of innovation, openness, discipline, simplicity, accountability, and profit mindset.
Your future teams are developing Nokia 3GPP mainstream radio technology products and solutions including cross-technology responsibility (Multi Radio Access Technology).
Your unit’s main priorities are flawless execution of System programs including Network Management & Optimization and attached services
What you will learn and contribute to
We are looking for a Specification Engineer who will:
- create and review requirements for functional, design and interface specifications based on system and HW specifications
- cooperate with internal and external stakeholders involved in a project, coaching and leading the teams in solving complex engineering problems from various areas of technology and will cooperate will system level Software Architects
- design the split of functionalities between software components within the BTS
- be responsible for effort estimation in own functional area
- guide software development teams with respect to functionalities to be implemented
- discuss with I&V representatives test cases in accordance with the developed functional requirements
- share knowledge in own expertise area
Your skills and experience
- good C++ expertise
- knowledge and skills within the area of SW designing methods or system engineering (e.g. UML, MSC, use cases, scenarios, user stories, etc.)
- experience with requirements engineering on system and network element level
- good communication in English (both written and spoken)
It would be nice if you also had:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent education in Computer Science, Telecommunications or other corresponding area
- good interpersonal skills and capability to work in international, multi-site environment
- knowledge of agile development methods
- strong analytical thinking
Technologies we use:
- User stories
- Acceptance criterias
- 5G RAN
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.