Nokia Mobile Networks includes mobile network products, network deployment and technical support services, and related network management. This business group offers the full portfolio for customers wanting to buy mobile access networks. It target leadership in key technologies such as 5G, O-RAN and vRAN.
As a Cloud System Architect, you will be responsible for definition of cloud aspects for 5G Base Transceiver Station (BTS) functions.
You will be also responsible for providing technical guidance for development, test and troubleshooting teams, to help them in getting good understanding of virtualization and cloud-native technologies impacts on RAN functionalities.
Your main responsibility area will be:
- Specification of Cloud functionalities for 5G networks,
- Preparation of technical analysis and/or feasibility studies documents for new functionalities defined by Product Management with understanding of business needs,
- Preparation of formal requirements defining new functionalities,
- Verification of the quality of implemented solutions,
- Identification and mitigation of risks related to proposed architecture and selected cloud technology,
- Analysis of customer-reported or internally reported problems including but not limited to support for triage team.
- Master’s degree in computer science or telecommunication or other corresponding area,
- Knowledge on building network architectures, considering factors like required bandwidth, infrastructure and security requirements,
- Experience with cloud solutions (e.g. Kubernetes, AWS or Google cloud),
- Knowledge of network’ technologies: Switches, Routers, Peering/Backbone/Transit circuits,
- Knowledge of High Availability Clusters: Active/Active and Active/Passive configurations (for example, based on VRRP or BGP protocols),
- Knowledge of principles of converged, scalable and resilient LAN solutions,
- Knowledge of commonly used network protocols (STP/RSTP/MSTP, OSPF, VRRP, 802.1x, switch stacking, multi-chassis LAG, QoS desired, etc),
- Very good English in speaking, reading, and writing.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with software architecture and design techniques (e.g. UML, MS Visio),
- Industry recognized qualifications (CCIE, CCDE, JCNIE, PCNSE),
- Experience with the Linux operating system (different distributions: Debian, CentOS, LFS etc.),
- Experience with scripting (e.g. Python, Perl, shell),
- Experience with automation of administrative tasks.
- Analytical skills,
- Problem solving skills,
- Ability to learn quickly,
- Ability to take full ownership,
- Ready to work independently,
- Flexible and creative,
- Passionate and ready to work in diverse and multicultural environment.