Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll part of
We are part of development unit which focus on delivering solutions to verify eNB/gNB Nokia products. Our portfolio consists of products around massive UE simulations with flexible behavior towards eNB/gNB and 4G/5G core functionalities simulation. Most of our experts have wide range of 3GPP expertise especially across all eNB/UE stack.
Upcoming challenges from 3GPP and ongoing synergy of multiRAT solution give more opportunities for all of us in next decade.
What you will learn and contribute to
We have currently open positions for Software Engineer in our Krakow office. You will join one of simulators development area which focus on particular 3GPP layer or custom user/machine interfaces. In upcoming years, you will work also on migration to newer platforms and participate in bringing new features and improvements to our internal clients.
As the Software Engineer:
- You will be responsible for software architecture, implementation, analyzing and solving complex engineering problems and hitches
- You will create and review requirements for functional, design and interface specifications based on system and HW specifications
- You will have possibility to analyze performance and capacity aspects of the product/component
- You will have opportunity to own particular component SW architecture
- Your scope of work will include cooperation with Product Owner in planning activities
Technologies we use:
- C++ 11/14/17, gtest
- Python 3, pytest
- Component/layers like architecture
- Agile Software Development Methodologies (Continuous Integration, Git/Gerrit)
Your skills and experience:
- 3+ years of experience in C++ or Python and willingness to learn second one
- Proficient in implementing automated and effective unit tests
- Experience in embedded systems or at least must have strong motivation to work in such environment
- Object-oriented design and UML
- Write effective, scalable code with Clean Code mindset
- Debugging experience
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team spirit
- Good communication in English&Polish (both written and spoken)
It would be nice if you also had:
- Expertise in algorithm optimization, code profiling and in analysis of memory usage violations
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases and basic experience with Redis
- Familiarity with OBSAI/CPRI/eCPRI telco protocols’ standards
- Knowledge of LTE/5G
- Knowledge of Docker/LXC usage
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.