Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
As System Architect / Specification Engineer you will be part of our local 5G Architecture & Specification team in Mobile Networks RAN Architecture. Your daily work will be performed within not only local but also international environment in cooperation with a variety of stakeholders that make up our world-class R&D organization. The environment you will work is a fast developing and dynamic area where your focus will be on 5G features’ specification.
You will be also responsible for providing technical support for development, test, and triage teams to help them in getting good understanding of technology and specific functionalities.
You may get involved in customer issues resolution and FOA (field product introduction) helping with most complicated issues resolution, supporting R&D and customer teams with the successful product delivery.
One of the areas our team is involved is performance monitoring. It consists of specific performance measurements that help the operator in supervision of the quality, capacity and performance of their network. It helps to verify the network planning is adequate and optimize it, spot weak coverage areas, failure areas etc. Thanks to the performance monitoring operator can shape their network to best fit customer needs.
What you will learn and contribute to
- Analysis and design of new products and related features for the 5G radio access technology (5G RRM Telecom or Performance Monitoring and measurements)
- Analysis of customer features’ requirements and 3GPP
- Creating functionality and design, specification, and other guiding documentation for R&D from product/program/system point of view
- Leading or contributing to customer features technical analysis
- Support and technical lead for features during verification, offering and customer application
- Support of test teams and customer teams during product introduction into the field
- Support for the creation of customer documentation and communication material
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher or equivalent education in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or other corresponding area
- Experience in wireless R&D development, test, entity, or system engineering at one of wireless areas (5G, LTE, GSM, WCDMA) or experience in Cloud planning, optimization, availability and performance monitoring (infrastructure or APM)
- Familiarity with software design techniques (e.g. UML, MSC, etc)
- Very good English in speaking, reading and technical specification writing
- Good communication/soft skills
- Good analytical skills and open mind for alternative solutions
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs, and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.