Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
Nokia Mobile Networks includes mobile network products, network deployment and technical support services, and related network management. This business group offers the full portfolio for customers wanting to buy mobile access networks. It target leadership in key technologies such as 5G, O-RAN and vRAN.
As System Architect / Specification Engineer you will be part of our local 5G Architecture & Specification team in Mobile Networks RAN Architecture. The environment you will work is a fast developing and dynamic area where your focus will be on 5G and O-RAN features’ specification. The O-RAN specification complements 3GPP, ONAP and ETSI specifications. Open RAN aims to create easier interoperability on existing 3GPP RAN interfaces. In addition, the O-RAN is defining new interfaces not currently being specified by 3GPP.
What you will learn and contribute to
- Analysis and design of new products and related features for the 5G radio access technology,
- Analysis of customer features’ requirements,
- Creating functionality and design, specification, and other guiding documentation for R&D from product/program/system point of view,
- Leading or contributing to customer features technical analysis,
- Support and technical lead for features during verification, offering and customer application,
- Providing technical support for development, test and triage teams to help them in getting good understanding of technology and specific functionalities,
- Support for the creation of customer documentation and communication material.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher or equivalent education in Computer Science, Telecommunications or other corresponding area,
- Experience in wireless R&D development, test, entity or system engineering at one of wireless areas: LTE, WiMax, GSM, WCDMA,
- Familiarity with software design techniques (e.g. UML, MSC, etc),
- Very good English in speaking, reading and technical specification writing,
- Experience in eCPRI or ORAN CUS-Plane fronthaul interface is a plus,
- Knowledge of Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) or YANG Data Modelling language is a plus.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Ability to learn quickly,
- Ability to take full ownership,
- Ready to work independently,
- Flexible and creative,
- Passionate and ready to work in diverse and multicultural environment.
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.