Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of:
Mobile Network RAN L3 business is looking for Senior Test Engineer experienced in L3/C-Plane willing to become Preinvestigation Engineer who will be working in the 5G L3 PRONTO team which is responsible for analyzing and fixing internal and external gNB software faults. The team is composed of open minded and hardworking individual with various level of experience in SW development, testing and system engineering.
As Preinvestigation Engineer you will be first contact in case of new reported issues and you will be cooperating with software developers and fault coordinator in one business – Mobile Network RAN L3.
As part of the team you will be responsible for:
- Contacting testers or developers who reported a new gNB issue
- Analyzing logs and looking for a potential root cause
- Requesting new logs and/or test runs
- Driving task forces to solve issues if needed
- Driving issues from the beginning to handing it over to software developer for fixing
- Mentoring software developers in test/gNB function area
- Optimizing fault management
- Being a part of the crucial PRONTO team
We work with:
- 4G/5G 3GPP standards, requirements
- Qualcomm, Prisma/Viavi Telecom Simulator and other UE solutions
- JIRA, Confluence
- Cloud solutions
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science or a similar subject
- More than 4 years of experience in eNB/gNB software testing
- Good knowledge of software testing methodology
- Excellent knowledge of mobile networks standards like 5G and LTE
- Strong technical analytical and debugging skills
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP Networks
- Some programming skills with Python/Robot language
- Programming skills with C++ is an advantage
- Good knowledge of Unix, Linux (command line)
- Spoken and written English
- Good interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Responsibility and commitment
What we offer:
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.